Hello, hello! My name is Sally Smith and I’m a hybrid of North-Meets-South. I’m from Westchester, New York, which is located a quick 30 minutes outside of Manhattan. I live the suburban life with a sprinkle of the big city whenever I want it. However, as I was born in Charlotte, North Carolina, I have a special place in my heart for the South. I love the hospitable, relaxed vibe and I see myself settling in a charming city south of the Mason-Dixon line. I am a member of the Furman University Class of 2018 and am a Communications and Spanish Language double-major. I throughly enjoy writing and expressing myself through written words so this blog is an exciting new outlet for me. I created this blog for my Digital Communications class here at Furman (Spring 2016) and plan on writing about all sorts of topics with a focus on digitized communication and its importance in our society. And hopefully I’ll incorporate some of my personal interests and experiences as well!
So, a little more about me and what suits my fancy.
I love my MAC laptop and all that it allows me to do, especially with social media. We’ve been together since 2010 and are still going strong. I have a healthy obsession with Instagram and Pinterest because the platforms are clean-looking, organized, and gather so many amazing, inspiring photos. Who doesn’t love pretty pictures, am I right?! As a visual learner, what I see truly resonates best with me. I can be found browsing stores and online sites for the latest trends in the fashion and beauty market. I also enjoy dabbling in interior design, thanks to Pinterest. As I like to keep myself busy and involved, Starbucks is a frequent destination of mine. My love for all things lifestyle stems from my previous work at Keep Holdings, Inc., based out of Midtown Manhattan. The e-commerce company is the best place to discover and buy the latest trends in fashion, home decor, accessories, and design. Check it out here and go generate your own collection(s) of all sorts of beautiful items! Lastly, I love to travel, whether on a day-trip to a nearby city or across the world. Seeing new sights and sounds inspires me and makes me appreciate the world and all its beauty even more.
Just for fun…
- If you could trade lives with one person for one day who would it be? Beyonce or Kate Middleton! They are both inspirational female figures and have devoted lots of their time towards making other people smile.
- Sweet tooth or savory tooth? How about sweet & salty at the same time? Pretzels M&M’s are my favorite sweet & salty combo.
- Shark diving, bungee jumping, or sky diving? Sky diving…but only with a professional latched onto me. This is definitely on my bucket list.
- Dream Vacation: Santorini, Greece.
- What does the perfect day consist of? Going on a run with my dog, brunch at my favorite cafe (Stan’z in Larchmont, NY), and a barbecue outside with friends and family. Oh and I got to squeeze in my Starbucks run in there somewhere!
- Guilty Pleasure: Reality television
- Favorite Quotes/Words to Live By: “Keep your face always toward the sunshine–and shadows will fall behind you.” –Walt Whitman
- Dream Job: Marketing for a major lifestyle and or fashion brand or being a professional chef like Giada De Laurentiis. I can’t choose just one!
- Favorite Movie(s): The Proposal
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavors: Haagen-Dazs Caramel Cone, Ben & Jerry’s Rocky Road, or Mint Chocolate Chip. Once again, I can’t choose just one!
- Beach house or mountain house? Beach house, hands down.
- If you could do anything or wish for anything that would come true, what would you wish? An end to Alzheimer’s Disease. This horrible disease runs in my family and both of my grandfathers have passed away with Alzheimer’s. It takes away the precious minds and humanity of all those effected and the day when there is a cure can’t come soon enough.
Thanks for reading & I hope you enjoy my blog!